Welcome to the podcast of ALPS, the conference that wants to make us aware of psychedelic science and its effects on the psyche. A whole program with many speakers from Switzerland, Europe and all over the world.
In this episode, syde welcomes Helena Aicher, PhD candidate at University of Zurich (UZH).
With a main academic background in Psychology, Helena Aicher has been working in the last years in the Psychedelic Research and Therapy Development team at the UZH. Her research focuses on the neurophysiological and subjective effects of ayahuasca & analogues on therapy-relevant processes.
More info on Helena’s work :
Questions asked to Helena:
- Can you tell a bit more about your research ?
- Why such an interest for ayahuasca amongst other psychedelics?
- What differences do you make between ‘ayahuasca’ and ‘ayahuasca analogues’ ?
- Tell us a bit more about the dilemma lived in Western countries with ayahuasca.
- What kind of clinical studies about ayahuasca do exist ?
This interview was recorded during the Alps Conference 2022 on psychedelic research in Bern, Switzerland on 28.10.2022. More info on the Alps Conference here